Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Obeying God Can Be A Pain In The Neck

Sometimes obeying God is a pain in the neck! There are days when I forget that this spiritual journey is a war. (Seems like I remember a teaching on that recently: The Birth Of A Wild Thing. http://bit.ly/6HtrRe
The pastor said that Jesus came to destroy the works of the enemy (1 John 3:8-9) – I mean really – where do these guys get off?) Here’s the deal, the enemy doesn’t give any of us much attention until we start doing right things for God. As followers of Jesus, when we are obedient and living out God’s plan and purpose, the enemy notices. Suddenly we are on his radar and he wants to frustrate, discourage and stop us. (John 10:10) For us (me) at times it feels like: “so, I’m obeying God and this is what I get?” (Big fat whiny baby! Call the wambulance!!!) Forgetting I have lost perspective of the “one thing”. “Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.”
Sometimes obedience is a pain in the neck, but faith dictates that it is best, right and God does meet all of my needs according to His riches in Jesus! I hate speaking on having the attitude of Jesus (this coming weekend, Life Palette part 2, Perspective) because now Jesus is dealing with mine! Ya’all pray for me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment