Saturday, May 5, 2012

*New Work* Mount Hood by Moon - 24X30"

I recently gave several painting lessons to some dear friends who want to experience and enjoy some plein air painting while in France this summer. I helped them get all set up with the supplies they will need and then I asked them to bring in some photographs that they had taken for us to work from. One of the photos was of a stunning view of Mount Hood in Oregon, pink sky and moon. Kathy is from the Pacific Northwest and we have driven through Portland many times on our way to see family so I recognized it right off.  We all had a great time painting. I ended up with a wonderful 14X11", auctioned it on Ebay and it now belongs to a fantastic collector in Montana. I thought I would paint it again, this time in a large format, so this is what resulted and I will be launching it to eBay in my eBay Store on Saturday, May 5th. I updated my On-Line Gallery with a fresh look and an image of Mt Hood by Moon on my home page.  Thanks to Jean and Jane for the beautiful photo to work from, and I wish you both the best as you paint in France this summer.  -Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment